Friends enjoy free admission to York Art Gallery. 100% of your membership subscription contributes directly to the acquisition of works of art by York Art Gallery, the conservation of art held in the Gallery collection and educational activities for all ages.
Membership applications may be obtained from the Reception Desks in the Gallery and from the Friends display wall space on the 1st floor adjacent to the lockers. Alternatively, you may obtain membership application forms by sending a\n email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at 07802 216079 (voice messaging).
Give the gift of membership this year. Complete the application form in the name of the recipient; include a cheque in payment along with your name, address and a contact telephone number. Mark the application form ‘GIFT’. We will send the membership card to you, or alternatively to the recipient if you wish. If you choose the latter, please confirm the message to be included.
The advantages of membership:
- A Friends of York Art Gallery membership card
- Free admission to the Gallery on presentation of your membership card
- Invitations to Gallery ‘private views’ and exhibition launch events
- Bring a guest privileges to many of the talks and tours
- Advance notice to register early for Gallery events
- Access to Curatorial expertise and behind the scenes
- The Quarterly programme of Gallery exhibitions, talks, excursions and social events
- The Friends biannual Newsletter
- The opportunity to join in UK and international Gallery tours at competitive rates
- Access and borrowing entitlement at the University of York Library
- Discounts on purchases of cards, books, ceramics and crafts in the Gallery Shop
- Discounts on the purchase of food and refreshments in the Gallery Cafe.
- Links to participate in events organised by other art-affiliated Societies
The growth and reach of the Friends of York Art Gallery depends on volunteers! Members are encouraged to give talks on subjects of their choice or to lead excursions. As well, members are eligible to join the Executive Committee. Vacancies arise annually through the retirement of Committee members who have served the maximum term allowed.
Share this Page