Becoming a Friend is a great way to meet other like-minded people whilst at the same time supporting the Gallery, something that is of key importance at a time of reduced government and local authority funding.
The Friends enjoy a range of benefits:
- Free entry to York Art Gallery
- A free copy of the publication ‘Friends of York Art Gallery: A Brief History’ (normally costing £5)
- Free monthly lunchtime events such as curators’ talks and presentations by art experts
- Free previews of exhibitions
- Discounts on purchases in the Gallery shop and café
- Borrowing entitlements free of charge at the University of York Library (normally costing over £100)
We run a full programme of fund-raising events with a particular emphasis on guided visits to a range of galleries and collections, both in the UK and overseas. Members receive details of these three times a year.
If you would like to give membership as a gift, please complete the application form in the name of the recipient; include a cheque along with your name, address and a contact telephone number. Mark the application form ‘GIFT’. We will send the membership card to you, or alternatively to the recipient if you wish. If you choose the latter, please confirm the message to be included.