This essay, by Charles Martindale, Interim Chair of the Friends, is concerned with a painting in the Gallery, The Portrait of Monsignor Agucchi, but it broadens out into discussion of some more general issues: problems of attribution; changing tastes; and the nature of portraiture.
- In the Tropics by Patricia Ramsay 27 October 2023
- e-Bulletin no 8 22 September 2023
- William Etty talk 21 September 2023
- The Flagellation of Saint Barbara by Hans Siebenbürger 1 August 2023
- Captain Foote by Reynolds: an Indian Perspective 19 May 2023